Christian-Pals - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* Christian-Pals > Topics

Subject: SCRIPTURE AND WORDS OF INSPIRATION
Replies: 22 Views: 2884

godly2 1/30/2007 - 2:38:15
Post scripture and words of inspiration *

godly2 1/30/2007 - 3:42:04
Leave out the cross, and you have killed the religion of Jesus. Atonement by the blood of Jesus is not an arm of Christian truth; its the heart of it...Charles Haddon Spurgeon *

godly2 1/30/2007 - 4:11:19
The preaching of the cross is to them that perish, foolishness; but unto us which are saved, it is the power of God...1 Cor.1:18 *

godly2 1/31/2007 - 3:33:39
Grace is but glory begun, and glory is but grace perfected...Jonathan Edwards *

godly2 1/31/2007 - 3:46:15
2 Timothy 2-Gods grace strengthens us and enables us to be faithful teachers (v.2), soldiers (vv.3,4), athletes (v.5), farmers (v.6), workers (v.15), vessels (vv.20-23), and servants (vv.24-26). The world looks on us as evildoers; but we are Gods elect, willing to live and die for Jesus Christ (vv.8-13). *

godly2 1/31/2007 - 3:50:32
Gods grace enables us to overcome our three great enemies; the world (v.4), the flesh (v.22), and the devil (v.26). *

godly2 1/31/2007 - 3:59:53
Gods grace enables us to endure hardship (vv.3,10) as we fight the Lords battles, so that we do not deny the Lord (vv.11-13). It helps us do work of which we are not ashamed (v.15) and deal with problem people of whom we are not afraid (vv.23-26). AMEN *

godly2 2/4/2007 - 6:06:00
Glory Overcomes Gloom-When things around you look dark, just remind yourself that God will one day fill the earth with His glory (Num.14:21; Psa.22:27,28; 86:9; Isa.6:3; Hab.2:14) Trust Him to see you through (Jude 24-25) AMEN *

godly2 2/5/2007 - 9:45:04
Love is the greatest thing that God can give us; for Himself is love: and it is the greatest thing we can give to GOD...Jeremy Taylor *

godly2 2/8/2007 - 8:22:27
The Bible is a window in this prison of hope, through which we look into eternity...Dwight *

godly2 2/8/2007 - 8:40:30
And that from a child thou hast know the holy Scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for institution in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works...2 Timothy 3:15-17...Stay with the Bible. Believe God's Word will save you, mature you from childhood to adulthood, and equip you to serve the Lord...Amen *

godly2 2/14/2007 - 3:32:04
Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see there beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead_Louisa May Alcott *

godly2 4/26/2007 - 4:17:45
Colossians 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.What a privilege it is know the Lord Jesus as our Savior. We have access into the very presence of God through Him. Our sins have been forgiven. We have received a full pardon! Oh that we would never lose sight of all that He has done for us! There are many distractions that attempt to crowd our minds but when we keep our focus upon Christ Jesus-- then we truly see things clearly. This present, evil world is not our eternal home and so our thoughts should not be overtaken by the things this world has to offer. May we then set aside the frivolous things and look toward our blessed Savior -- He will return! Are we ready?Colossians 1:12-14 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: *

godly2 4/26/2007 - 4:55:11
BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST The Bible says, 'Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved.' What does it mean to believe? Believe what the Bible says. Believe that Jesus is God-- The Second Person of the Trinity. Believe that He became flesh and was born of a virgin. Believe that He lived a pure and sinless life. Believe that God the Father loves you and He sent His Only Begotten Son to die for your sins so that you would not have to go to hell. Believe that the wrath of God abides on the sinner but that eternal life is provided through Jesus Christ. Believe that you cannot save yourself by your own good works. 1John 4:9-10 says, In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.' Believe that Jesus Christ rose from the dead and that He is seated at the Right Hand of God the Father. Romans 8:34 ... It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. Believe the words that Jesus said in the Bible. He said in John 14:6: I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Believe that by receiving Him, you too will have eternal life. John 3:15 says: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. You must BELIEVE that Jesus died for you and acknowledge that your own merits and good works CANNOT save you. You cannot add anything to your salvation. His sacrifice of Himself at the cross is all-sufficient. There is nothing that you can add. You must trust Him 100 for He saves completely. You must RECEIVE Christ Jesus as your personal Savior-- believing with all of your heart-- that He paid the price for your sins. Give up your pride and your own efforts to make yourself 'a better person' and commit your guilty soul and all of its interests into the hands of the Lord Jesus Christ -- asking Him to save you. From your heart, call upon Him. As a helpless sinner, who cannot save yourself, you must receive the Lord Jesus as your Savior and Lord. He has given you His word that He will save you. Believe that He paid the price for your sins upon the Cross and that He rose again from the dead. Remember there is absolutely nothing that you can do to make yourself righteous. Jesus suffered the penalty of the Law we had broken. When you receive Christ, you receive His forgiveness and you receive eternal life in Him for He is the ONLY Savior. The price of salvation was already PAID in full but you can only be saved by receiving the Savior. He is the Only way to Heaven. Romans 10:9-11 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousne *

godly2 4/26/2007 - 4:57:28
and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. God says in Jeremiah 29:13: And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. *

godly2 4/26/2007 - 5:01:00
JESUS IS THE SAVIOR 1John 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. John 3:16-18 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 1John 4:14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world. Proverbs 30:4 Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell? Phil 2:9-11 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. It is very important that we KNOW these Scriptures. The Lord Jesus is God. This is the heart of Christianity...That God gave His Only Begotten Son to redeem fallen man. Jesus, The Word, left His home in Heaven to become man, to live a sinless life and to die upon the cross for our sins, to be buried and on the third day, rise again. We have a living Savior-- who is exalted at the Right Hand of the Heavenly Father. The Great Creator became our Savior. Jesus is God! John 8:54-58 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God: Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying. Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad. Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. *

miles007 19.01.08 - 04:11pm
The message of the cross is foolishness to those on the way to destruction *

godly2 31.12.09 - 12:19am
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom... Psalm 111:10 and Proverbs 9:10.

The secret of the Lord is with those who fear Him, and He will show them His covenant. Psalm 25:14

The Lord takes pleasure in those who fear him, in those who hope in his mercy. Psalm 147:11

And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him [God] who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28

There is no fear of God before his eyes. For he flatters himself in his own eyes. Psalm 36:1-2

Hear this now, O foolish people, without understanding,
Who have eyes and see not, and who have ears and hear not:
Do you not fear Me? says the Lord.
Will you not tremble at My presence?' Jeremiah 5:21-22

Your own wickedness will correct you, and your backslidings will rebuke you.
Know therefore and see that it is an evil and bitter thing
That you have forsaken the Lord your God, and the fear of Me is not in you,
Says the Lord God of hosts. Jeremiah 2:19

Therefore I will number you for the sword, and you shall all bow down to the slaughter;
Because, when I called, you did not answer; when I spoke, you did not hear,

but did evil before My eyes, and chose that in which I do not delight. Isaiah 65:12

Heaven is My throne, and earth is My footstool.
Where is the house that you will build Me? And where is the place of My rest?
For all those things My hand has made....
But on this one will I look:
On him who is poor and of a contrite spirit,
And who trembles at My word. Isaiah 66:1-2

Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom, and to depart from evil is understanding. Job 28:28

The secret of the Lord is with those who fear Him, and He will show them His covenant. Psalm 25:14

So they called them and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus. But Peter and John answered and said to them, 'Whether it is right in the sight of God to listen to you more than to God, you judge. For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard.' Acts 4:18-19

Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them;

for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you. Deuteronomy 31:6

Look upon me and be merciful to me, as Your custom is toward those who love Your name.
Direct my steps by Your word, and let no iniquity have dominion over me. Psalm 119:132-133

godly2 4.02.10 - 12:52am
In the famous children's story, The Ugly Duckling from Grimm's Fairy Tales, there was once a young duckling that had difficulty living in the world that it found itself. Its size and appearance were not the same, and it behaved differently from the others. It was always friendly and good to everyone, but it just didn't fit into duck society. The ugly duckling was teased and rejected, and it was often quite sad because of it.The time came however when a marvelous change occurred. The dull-grey awkward young bird developed into a beautiful white swan! It then found itself among many others of its own kind - a great many swans.It turned out that it wasn't really ugly, because it wasn't really a duck. When those who used to make fun of it saw what had happened, they were amazed at how beautiful and glorious that it had become. There was then no more unhappiness, only love and respect.People who try to live a good Christian life in what remains a very sinful world can sometimes experience life very much like that young swan before its change. Those who behave in a way that God would approve of may seem odd and unpopular for the time being. But, like the swan, the Christian's change will also one day come. And when it does, we too will be glorious.

tyumre 6.06.10 - 08:02pm
For iam not ashamed to preach the gospel of Christ it is a power of God unto salvation to those that believe.Do u believe?Can anyone tell me why he or she still alive. *

nerie 6.07.12 - 04:07am
be blessed overcomers! *

mummy3 7.07.12 - 06:32am
Your word is a lamb to my feet and light to my path Psalm 119;105 *

mummy3 8.07.12 - 08:43am
Through the LORD's mercies we are not consumed because his compassion fail not.they are new every morning great is your faithfulness Lamentations 3;22;23 *

* Christian-Pals Forum

Search:
topics replies

* Christian-Pals

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits